Supper and the Single Girl

Vegan Meals and Random Thoughts

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It's pastalicious

I had a small container of cherry tomatoes sitting around and a recipe for roasted cherry tomato pasta from La Dolce Vegan, so I tried it out. I probably needed more cherry tomatoes for the eight ounces (dry)pasta I made, but I can always make another tomato part and toss it into the pasta. I also "steamed" some spinach. The easiest thing to do is chop up a couple cloves of garlic, saute them until they begin browning a bit, turn off the heat, toss in a few handfuls of baby spinach, stir to mix with the garlic, cover, and let sit for about two minutes. It goes really, really well with the tomatoey pasta. I didn't have the vegan "cheese" the recipe calls for, but I will just have to find some and add to the recipe.

The calendar says spring, but it's been pretty chilly the past few days. After a gorgeous spring-like day a week-and-a-half ago, the weather has been getting colder. Supposedly there was snow in the area yesterday, but for maybe five minutes out in Fairfax County. This pasta, I think, is perfect for spring, but spring weather, not spring-on-the-calendar. I've done some other cooking this week, making my veggie ribs, the lemon-caper tofu that I've made before, and I am perfecting my Delightful Millet recipe. There's something about grains, fruits, and nuts that seems to be a perfect dish.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Harmonia said…

    Hi there! Hope all is well and you are getting nicer weather! Veg-Ribs? The only Veggie Ribs I have had were from garden burger. What about you? Do tell!

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Danielle said…

    Harvest Direct makes a mix that you can buy from Pangea (or the Dixie Diner Web site, I think). You mix the powder with water and form a dough, mix in margarine and nut butter, blah, blah, blah, and use your own barbecue sauce. It's far better than Gardenburger's Riblets.

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said…

    I look forward to hearing more about the millet recipe. I don't think I've ever had millet, but I'm certainly open to it

     

Post a Comment

<< Home