Supper and the Single Girl

Vegan Meals and Random Thoughts

Thursday, February 16, 2006

T-t-t-t-t-tofu.


So I adapted a recipe from La Dolce Vegan! for what Sarah Kramer calls Shook N' Cook Tofu. I really should stop doing grocery shopping on a whim, but there were a few things I needed. Now I really need to get paprika, as it is showing up in a number of recipes.

Anyway, I had some leftover barbecue sauce (from a recipe in The Garden of Vegan, which I use when I make veggie ribs). So I made the coating mix, dipped the tofu squares in the sauce, then shook them in a container with the coating mix and fried them up. In adapting the recipe, I used some cayenne, and I must have used a bit much in some parts, but it was mighty tasty. With it were my standbys of the bulgur pilaf and lemon rosemary carrots from Tuesday. I don't think I've had a potato all week--shocker! I am a huge fan of potatoes.

And somehow I have resisted spouting off on Dick Cheney's hunting accident, but I will say this: only a coward partakes in canned hunts. Okay, maybe I'm making an assumption here, but he was on a ranch, which is owned by a supporter. Apparently they stocked quail on the ranch for good ol' boys to kill. And I have to wonder what kind of sicko stocks quail for "men" to shoot for what they call "sport"? I can't feel too sorry for the guy who got shot; he was killing birds whose only defense was the ability to fly. If you must shoot a living being, use a camera.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:01 AM, Blogger Carrieā„¢ said…

    I saw that recipe and thought it might appeal to my husband. Glad it got a good review from you. I'll try it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home