Supper and the Single Girl

Vegan Meals and Random Thoughts

Monday, February 27, 2006

Another yummy tofu dish


Tonight I made a tofu recipe I found on VegWeb for Lemon Tofu. I didn't have the capers the recipe calls for, but oh well. The nutritional yeast/lemon combo must have been upped the tangy factor. I can only say the flavor was very interesting and very good. With it, I had the last of my sauteed pea pods and a baked potato. I'm going to make another Portobello Pot Pie either tonight or tomorrow. I made the dough when I got home, and it's chilling in my fridge.

My boyfriend ate the last of my bulgur pilaf (sob), so I'm going to have to make more of that or another bulgur pilaf. He also liked the Lemon Gem cupcakes. I found a lemon-poppyseed cookie recipe that might be good for the rest of the lemon icing. Or I guess I can try to make the lemon cupcakes again. I absolutely have to do more baking, but the local indy grocery was practically out of bulk turbinado sugar. I'm going to have to go back tomorrow to see if they've restocked. I also found a supplier for black cocoa powder. I found a recipe that calls for it, and while it would probably work with ordinary cocoa powder, it can't hurt to have a richer, darker cocoa flavor.

Now, if you really like chocolate, you absolutely must try Clif Nectar Bar Dark Chocolate and Walnut flavor. It's pretty much dates, walnuts, and chocolate. I did not see any added sugar. It's rich and fudgy and it's a good thing I was sitting down when I was eating it; that's how good it was. I absolutely have to get more of their bars because they're a fabulous, tasty snack when I'm working. If you buy nutrition or food bars, make sure they have as many whole ingredients as possible and mininal artificial or junky ingredients. Bars such as Clif and Larabar are pretty much only fruit, nuts, and sometimes spices. Larabar is all raw; Clif Nectar are mostly raw, but some have roasted nuts. They don't replace a meal, but they do work as a snack or when you're in a place that doesn't get "vegan."

4 Comments:

  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said…

    Looks delicious! I have lemon juice to use up myself. I think I'm going to make lemon poppyseed muffins.

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said…

    Looks delicious! I have lemon juice to use up myself. I think I'm going to make lemon poppyseed muffins.

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger Dreena said…

    I haven't seen the Clif Nectar bars here - hopefully soon, since the one you described sounds very good! Thanks for the info! That tofu looks 'saucy', I love that!

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Harmonia said…

    I was going to make Lemon Herb Tofu from Vive Le Vegan tonight and realized I didn't have any more tofu! ZOINKS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home