Supper and the Single Girl

Vegan Meals and Random Thoughts

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I'm cooking again



This weekend, I made some goodies, some for my boyfriend for Valentine's Day--Cashew Nut Butter Chocolate treats--and some for myself, which in the cookbook was called "Cow Pies." The Nut Butter treats kinda fell apart, so I don't have a picture of those. The "cow pies" are basically melted chocolate chips with dried fruit and chopped nuts. I used dried cherries and chopped almonds.

Yesterday, I went all out for dinner and cooked the Tomato Walnut-Crusted Seitan, the Fruited Bulgur Pilaf, and Lemon Rosemary Carrots. My boyfriend absolutely loved everything, especially the seitan. He stopped at Sticky Fingers, a vegan bakery, and got even more treats. For Valentine's Day, they had these mini-cakes called tartlets that were layered with raspberry and covered in chocolate ganache. He also got peanut butter smackers, which are peanut butter balls drizzled with a bit of chocolate. I haven't eaten mine yet.

Tonight, I made a mushroom casserole from Vegan Cooking for One and the yam-quinoa patties from Conveniently Vegan. I had it with some leftover seitan. The mushroom bake definitely needs a little side, but otherwise was good. I added a little more seasoning to the yam patties and used red quinoa instead of the plain. They were very good, and it will be hard not eating them all before the weekend so I can serve some to my sweetie, who is a big fan of them. I do have an extra yam, but I have other plans for that. Well, I have plenty of leftovers...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home