Supper and the Single Girl

Vegan Meals and Random Thoughts

Monday, March 06, 2006

We're number 6! We're number 6!

I just got a link that PETA considers Washington, DC, the sixth-most veg-friendly large city. Well, actually, it's the DC area, as they mention a couple of places in Maryland and one in Virginia. Someone should tell them, though, that The Vegetable Garden is in Rockville, not Bethesda. It's in an area some people call North Bethesda, but bite me, you're Rockville, a town sadly immortalized in an R.E.M. song. And I wonder if it's because "Germantown" wouldn't fit. Just kidding.

I'm very happy they gave props to my favorite lunch spot, Java Green, which is clearly a favorite of a lot of people because they're almost always crowded when I drop by. And thanks for mentioning Compassion Over Killing, a local vegan-advocacy group, also considered by VegNews magazine to be one of the worthiest places for your charity dollar.

Sometimes I need a little good news when life dole a whole bunch of bad...

2 Comments:

  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Valerie said…

    Hi! I just found your blog while trying to avoid work. I'm in the DC area too, and love Java Green. I just had some chili gimbob and a cowvin cookie for lunch. So good to hear it is getting its due. It was also reviewed in the Winter edition of Herbivore.

     
  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger VeganHeartDoc said…

    It's great that you live in such a veg-friendly city! I'm grateful for the two vegetarian restaurants in town and the pizza place that now has a vegan menu.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home