Supper and the Single Girl

Vegan Meals and Random Thoughts

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I live in Washington, DC

I may not get a vote in Congress, and in my four times voting, I have yet to vote for more than city officials, our nonvoting delegate, and the president, but I am and always have been a political animal. And I would think that the city is very political. But I guess my neighborhood isn't. A friend of mine and I went out to try to find a place to watch the returns. Many places in our 'hood had their TVs on, but the sound was off and there was music playing. There were places that did have TV and the sound, but were very quiet, and we wanted a crowd to cheer with. Eventually, we headed to our separate homes.

In a few words: what the hell?! I know it's only a midterm. I know it's a rainy night, but for Gaia's sake, can a political feminist vegan please find a place in her neighborhood to watch the damn election returns and cheer as if she were watching a game at the sports bar.

Thank you.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger urban vegan said…

    I guess the results more than made up for the lack of a cool place to watch the returns come in. ;)

    Casey is definitely the lesser of two evils. (I ABHOR Santorum.) Casey is anti-abortion--which is just ridiculous--but Santorum is anti-birth control, to boot. Puh-leese.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home