Supper and the Single Girl

Vegan Meals and Random Thoughts

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I don't always feel like cooking...

But I absolutely had to use up some seitan sitting 'round my fridge. I found a recipe on VegWeb for sweet-and-sour seitan. And I did use up some tofu yesterday in a rerun favorite recipe.

Now, why am I posting so late? Well, as I tried to explain to my yowling cat (she gets very vocal if she thinks I've spent too much time away from home), with my new job, the commute is longer. I had to pick up a couple of things (well, more than a couple) at the Whole Foods. Then, I stopped by my boyfriend's place to pick up his mail, as he is still out of town. The elevators at his place are as slow as molasses (but not as bad as they used to be). I had to wait for a bus, which was very crowded and made numerous stops. So it was around 8:00 when I got home.

The food isn't very pretty, but it was tasty. I love sweet-and-sour dishes. I think I should have just used one onion instead of two, but I do love onions. The peppers I used really shrank in the cooking process. The canned pineapple chunks were nice and juicy. It's not often I buy canned fruit, but since the recipe called for it, that's what I did. I also cooked up some brown rice to go with it. Yummy.

But I can't leave you without pictures, so here are some of the view from the boat of Boston Harbor and the fluke of the whale. The other pictures I got, you really can't tell what it is. :(


It was a beautiful, warm day. The only time I needed my jacket was when we were approaching the area where the whales feed.




I hope I can go back to Boston again to take part in another whale watch. This was just amazing.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Harmonia said…

    Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing! Looks like a great time!

    your Ritz post reminded me of one of my fave 80's songs...putting on the Ritz!!!

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger urban vegan said…

    What a great photo of the wahle. It must feel amazing to see such a mighty creature up close. You look happy and relaxed!

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Danielle said…

    Part of me wishes I could have gotten a closer view of the whale, but I understand why they keep their distance. Thank goodness for 3.6 zoom. I got a little queasy when the boat was going quickly, but some ginger ale took care of that.

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Danielle, you're up!

    http://sudzgirl.blogspot.com/2006/09/ive-been-tagged.html

    P.S. Wow, that looks like fun...I love whales!

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger VeganHeartDoc said…

    I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Boston. Did you get to any good restaurants? When you come back, I'll treat you to brunch/lunch :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home