Supper and the Single Girl

Vegan Meals and Random Thoughts

Monday, September 11, 2006

Naughty, naughty kitty

Sorry, I haven't cooked for the past few days--just haven't felt like it. Maybe tomorrow while I watch the results of the D.C. primaries--whee.

I always keep a box of Back to Nature Classic Rounds
which I swear are vegan Ritz crackers. My boyfriend likes them for a snack, as do I (it's especially fun to tear Primal Strips and eat with the crackers (it used to be a typical breakfast before I decided to be a good girl and eat soy yogurt and granola). However, someone else really likes them too:





That's her stealing a cracker from the box and starting to eat from my boyfriend's lap. Maybe he doesn't feel he should scold my cat for sticking her face in his food--she is my cat and he's the visitor, as I remind him when he kvetches about her other misdeeds. Maybe he's only half annoyed and thinks it's kind of funny that she's such a feisty gal, I don't know. It is kind of funny to see just what she thinks of next. Even I can't bring myself to scold her too harshly (except when she scratches the sofa, and then I'll just remind her to use her scratchbox).

Does anyone else have furbabies who love to steal the humans' vegan food?

10 Comments:

  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    My cat Mordecai LOVES guacamole and olive oil!

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Harmonia said…

    These pictures are great! Very sweet! The 2 cats I am not sure of...one likes lettuce. The 3 dogs are very funny! They all gather when I cook because they know I will drop stuff. They love bell peppers, onions, broccoli, baby carrots, the one even likes celery and tofu!

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Danielle said…

    Harmonia, when my mom and stepdad had a dog, we'd call her the little white vacuum cleaner (she was a white dog). So you have little furry vacuum cleaners.

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    silly cat! LOL ... last nite, our cat was begging for licks of my daughter's popscicle :)

     
  • At 1:02 AM, Blogger funwithyourfood said…

    haha
    you've got a smart kitty there.
    :)

    Teddy

     
  • At 5:35 AM, Blogger Jackie said…

    Amazing kitty. My dogs would love them but my cats would turn their noses up at any biscuits.

    We cannot get Classic Rounds here. I tend to eat Matzos with Marmite spread very thinly on them.

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Don't Get Mad, Get Vegan! said…

    Not only do I love your blog and meal ideas, but this is just wonderful!

    As we share our home with six frisky felines, it's always funny to me to see what 'people food' items each one is into.

    Table, the oldest, is notorious for lapping up one's ice water and stealing all varieties of salty crackers and chips, Mad Max will fight you for your broccoli, grapes, or blueberries (tho the round things are striclty for rolling around the house!), CJ loves him some melon, and Coda will promplty push her way into your mouth for 'ice cream' wheather it be soy or rice milk based. Marley and Solomon? they stick with the carnivores and couldn't care less about what I'm eating. :)

    this was great, thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Yvo Sin said…

    My dog kept begging me for biscuits once so I got mad and gave her the whole box. She figured out how to open it but not how to get the biscuits out... hehe.

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Veggie said…

    my cats both LOVE the frozen vanilla rice dream.

    the boy cat used to eat chickpeas as a kitten but he won't now. He likes frozen french fries (I found this out when one fell on the floor, but he does like them cooked too) and some of the fake meat products.

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    My cat won''t eat anything except Meow Mix. I wondered why they all like it so much so I tried it. Must be a cat thing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home