Supper and the Single Girl

Vegan Meals and Random Thoughts

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I'm baaack

I haven't felt like doing much cooking, not to mention my boyfriend has taken me out a few times. With my new job, I get home later in the evening, which means I eat later. But there are times when I absolutely have to cook.

Now, you have a bunch of ingredients, and you need a recipe for them. Or you feel like a veggie loaf, but the recipes you have call for ingredients you don't have in your house and you really don't want to go out grocery shopping, thus delaying the dinner bell even more. Well, Jennifer Shmoo, the Vegan Lunchbox genius, created the Magical Loaf Studio. You enter the ingredients you have (or want to use), click the button, and you get direction. Now, I don't know if I can skip a category -- I haven't tried -- but there are countless combinations one can come up with.

My loaf -- not a pretty concotion, but a tasty one -- had ground almonds, a shredded carrot, a chopped onion, some mushrooms, tofu, brown rice (I had some leftover), flaxseed meal, various spices and seasonings, and nutritional yeast. It was pretty good, but the loaves I make tend not to be very firm and sturdy, but this held together fairly well. I drizzled a little leftover barbecue sauce on it for flavor, and it really rocked.

So as it gets colder, check out the Magical Loaf Studio and make your own veggie loaf -- but don't blame her if it doesn't turn out. Like Flat Top Grill (or whatever your favorite Mongolian-grill type place is), you pick the ingredients yourself.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home